Sunday, June 23, 2013

Payson Lakes

 

No, I haven’t posted on here in a very long time.  We went to the annual family reunion this week at Payson Lakes.  I didn’t take a lot of non-people photos, but here are some. 

IMG_9334a

IMG_9358a

IMG_9474a

Also, I had big plans to take some fabulous photos of the stars but didn’t pay attention to the fact that it was going to be almost the full moon and so the stars were scarce.  I was up at 3:30 the first night and the moon was down at that point, but it was SO COLD and I didn’t want to dig through my stuff to get it set up and I wasn’t dressed for the cold.  So, I’ll just have to wait to do that.  It isn’t like I don’t live close to areas where I can good, clear views of the night sky.

I did try the second night to get a picture of the full moon.  I haven’t really done it before and tried many settings with all of them failed results.  Yesterday when we got home, I found the best settings online and so last night took some just from my front yard around midnight (while some crazies were sleeping in their car in front of my house but I didn’t know they were in there until this morning…long story…)  There was a lot more light and I didn’t have anything to silhouette or frame it.  So, here are my two (one a huge fail) and one so-so decent, just moon shots.  Then I completely cheated and Photoshopped them together, including the enlarged size of the moon.  Hey.  So the fake image is what I had imagined when I started to shoot while camping.  I guess this is how we learn, right!  I may drive up – or out - somewhere tonight and try to get a better, for real, almost-a-full-moon shot. 

IMG_9518IMG_9540

Full Moon Fake

No comments: