Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Clouds and the Return of the Sunsets

We have had some amazing sunsets lately and with some of them, I’ve been lucky to catch them before they fade.  Some are probably contributed to fires and smoke, but some, the cloud formations and the lighting are just amazing.

Carlos knows the names of these clouds….I think they are called mountain waves and are actually very dangerous to fly in because of the high wind speeds which cause them to form these shapes.IMG_2868IMG_2873

 

This was the sun the evening of the Herriman Fire:

 IMG_2896 IMG_2897 IMG_2900

 

Wow.  And Lucky. That’s all I can say here:

IMG_3151  IMG_3150 IMG_3157

 

And this was last night’s sunset.  I just wish I didn’t have the power lines in so many of the pictures! 

IMG_3651

1 comment:

Heidi said...

Wow. You're lucky ones are AMAZING.